1/1 Photo of Tex-Mex Morning Frittata - Clean Eating
This is out of the summer 2008 clean eating magazine...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup black beans, cooked
- 1/2 cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon pickled jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, extra-virgin
- 1Preheat oven 300°F.
- 2To make salsa, stir green onions with black beans, cilantro and pickled jalapeno.
- 3Drizzle with vinegar and oil, then toss to mix.
- 4Let stand while preparing frittata so the flavors can meld.
- 5In a bowl, whisk whole eggs, with whites and seasonings.
- 6Coat or spray an oven-proof non-stick, medium-sized skillet with olive oil and set over medium heat.
- 7Add red onion to skillet and cook for 2 minutes.
- 8Add corn and tomatoes, then eggs.
- 9Stir to evenly distribute ingredients.
- 10Cook just until bottom starts to become firm, 1 to 2 minutes, then bake in preheated 300°F oven until center is set when pan is jiggled, 10 to 12 minutes.
- 11Serve with the salsa.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tex-Mex Morning Frittata - Clean Eating
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 118.8
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 62.0 mg
- Sodium 183.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 8.2 g