This is out of the summer 2008 clean eating magazine...
Make and share this Tex-Mex Morning Frittata - Clean Eating recipe from Food.com.
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup black beans, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon pickled jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, extra-virgin
- 2 eggs, whole
- 4 egg whites
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup cooked corn
- 12 grape tomatoes, cut in half
- Preheat oven 300°F.
- To make salsa, stir green onions with black beans, cilantro and pickled jalapeno.
- Drizzle with vinegar and oil, then toss to mix.
- Let stand while preparing frittata so the flavors can meld.
- In a bowl, whisk whole eggs, with whites and seasonings.
- Coat or spray an oven-proof non-stick, medium-sized skillet with olive oil and set over medium heat.
- Add red onion to skillet and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add corn and tomatoes, then eggs.
- Stir to evenly distribute ingredients.
- Cook just until bottom starts to become firm, 1 to 2 minutes, then bake in preheated 300°F oven until center is set when pan is jiggled, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Serve with the salsa.