Recipe by Annacia
This is a mocha coffee with a little kick!
Top Review by Outta Here
Another great coffee drink from Annacia. Instead of the water and coffee granules, I used leftover brewed coffee (I cut recipe down to serve 2). I also do not like whipped cream on my coffee so used steamed and frothed milk to top it off.
- 1 quart whole milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2⁄3 cup powdered cocoa mix
- 8 cups boiling water
- 1⁄3 cup instant coffee granules
- whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first four ingredients in a large sauce pan.
- Cook over medium heat until thoroughly heated. Do not boil.
- Stir in instant cocoa mix.
- Combine boiling water and coffee granules, then stir into milk mixture.
- Pour into mugs.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream and garnish with cinnamon sticks and a small, bright red chili pepper.
- Makes 3 quarts.