Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a mocha coffee with a little kick!
Make and share this Tex Mex Mocha recipe from Food.com.
- Combine first four ingredients in a large sauce pan.
- Cook over medium heat until thoroughly heated. Do not boil.
- Stir in instant cocoa mix.
- Combine boiling water and coffee granules, then stir into milk mixture.
- Pour into mugs.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream and garnish with cinnamon sticks and a small, bright red chili pepper.
- Makes 3 quarts.
Another great coffee drink from Annacia. Instead of the water and coffee granules, I used leftover brewed coffee (I cut recipe down to serve 2). I also do not like whipped cream on my coffee so used steamed and frothed milk to top it off.
Wow, this drink is incredibly good. Just hope it lasts long enough to enjoy Christmas morning; however, I may have to make another batch the way things are going. I used ancho chili powder which gives a real depth of flavor but not much "kick". I'm not sure what "chipotle" chili powder would do, I know it would add heat so next time I might try it. Either way this is really delish! Made for the 1-2-3 Tag, December, 2011.
I'm really not much for coffee drinks, but made this for my other half, who'd be a happy camper if I'd make it again & again! Not a problem since I can make my own version without the coffee granules! Many thanks! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the current Comfort Cafe under the theme Annacia's All Mexed Up!]