Recipe by Chef mariajane
The potatoes in this colorful salad are given a southern-style taste by tossing in such things as chili powder, lime juice, Tabasco sauce, corn and cilantro.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs miniature potatoes, mixed (such as red, purple, white and yellow)
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons lime zest, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce (to taste)
- 3⁄4 cup corn kernel (fresh or frozen thawed)
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced (about 1 medium rib)
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, diced (about 1/2 medium pepper)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each potato lengthwise, into quarters. Gently boil the potatoes until just tender. Drain well and cool to room temerature.
- Place the oil, garlic, chili powder, cumin, lime zest, lime juice, orange juice and Tabasco sauce in large salad bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the potatoes and remaining ingredients and toss to comine. Cover and refrigerate salad until ready to serve.
- Gently toss the salad again before doing so, add a little more oil and/or citrus juice to the salad, if needed.