Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This beefy minestrone has a bit of a kick to it! All the ingredients I had on hand in my fridge and pantry, so this soup was quick 'n easy to throw together.
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 cup zesty Italian dressing (from a bottled dressing)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 (10 ounce) canrotel original diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1⁄3 cup barilla ditalini, uncooked
- kraft grated parmesan cheese, add desired amount
- In a 3-quart size saucepan, brown the ground beef. Drain off any excess fat.
- Add remaining ingredients, (except the cheese) and stir.
- Bring soup to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Simmer the soup for about 5-8 minutes, or until pasta is cooked, and soup has heated through.
- Ladle soup into bowls.
- Sprinkle each bowl with desired amount of cheese.
- (Adding cheese cuts down on the 'heat', so soup isn't too hot 'n spicy.).
- Yield: 3-4 servings.
- Note: I didn't have a bottled Italian dressing on hand, so I used a home-made Italian Dressing, (which I made from a packet I had purchased from Aldi's).