These are really good! I found this recipe on The Kitchn, and I've been making it when I want a warm, filling breakfast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 2 corn tortillas, in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup grated cheese (Cheddar or Monterrey Jack)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- salsa (optional, to garnish)
- pico de gallo (optional, to garnish)
- cheese (optional, to garnish)
- sour cream (optional, to garnish)
- avocado (optional, to garnish)
- cilantro (optional, to garnish)
- scallion (optional, to garnish)
- tortilla (optional, for serving)
- beans (optional, for serving)
- 1In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and salsa. Set aside.
- 2Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and jalapeño and cook until onion is soft and translucent. Add tortillas and cook, stirring frequently, another minute or two until soft.
- 3Reduce heat to low and add eggs. Scramble until eggs are almost set, then fold in cheese and remove from heat.
- 4Garnish and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tex-Mex Migas
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 378.2
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 441.0 mg
- Sodium 622.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 20.4 g