Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
These are really good! I found this recipe on The Kitchn, and I've been making it when I want a warm, filling breakfast.
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 2 corn tortillas, in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheese (Cheddar or Monterrey Jack)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- salsa (optional, to garnish)
- pico de gallo (optional, to garnish)
- cheese (optional, to garnish)
- sour cream (optional, to garnish)
- avocado (optional, to garnish)
- cilantro (optional, to garnish)
- scallion (optional, to garnish)
- tortilla (optional, for serving)
- beans (optional, for serving)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and salsa. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and jalapeño and cook until onion is soft and translucent. Add tortillas and cook, stirring frequently, another minute or two until soft.
- Reduce heat to low and add eggs. Scramble until eggs are almost set, then fold in cheese and remove from heat.
- Garnish and serve immediately.
Delicious and filling. This breakfast kept us energized until dinner. I had to use bell pepper instead of jalapeno. Very tasty! Thanks for posting the recipe.
I also found this on The Kitchen while hoping to make a quick, savory breakfast. It was fast and we loved it. I didn't have jalapeno and just threw in a little crushed red pepper instead.<br/><br/>Served with green onion, chopped avacados, and fresh cilantro... my DH said I could make that once a week... he loved it. Thanks for posting!
I love migas, it used to be on my coffee shop menu but this morning was the first time I've had it for ages. Delicious flavor and texture but I did use bigger tortilla pieces for personal preference. Topped it with sour cream and green onions. Yummy breakfast :D. Made for PAC, Spring 2014.