- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 cup uncooked rice (not instant rice)
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in frying pan.
- Add onion, garlic and rice; fry about 3 minutes or until rice is golden, stirring occasionally.
- Add salt, chili powder, and water.
- Stir and cover tightly.
- Bring to boiling and simmer 15-20 minutes.
- Let rice cool completely; stir and reheat to separate grains.
- Add more chili powder if needed to suit personal taste.