Recipe by CountryLady
From Rose Reisman, this isn't your average meatloaf! It can also be made with ground chicken - just increase the amount of bread crumbs.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup mild salsa
- 1⁄4 cup dry seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 3⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup drained canned corn
- 1⁄2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup salsa (mild, medium or hot)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Spray an 8 x 4 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine ground beef, egg, 1/3 cup salsa, bread crumbs, coriander, garlic and cumin.
- On a 12 inch square piece of waxed paper, pat out mixture into an 8 inch square.
- Filling: In a nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray, cook onions over medium heat for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in corn; cook 5 to 8 minutes or until corn begins to brown.
- Stir in red peppers; cook for 3 minutes or until softened.
- Spread over meatloaf and sprinkle with cheese.
- Using the waxed paper as a guide, roll up the meatloaf; carefully place in loaf pan seam side down.
- Spoon ¼ cup salsa over top.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until meat is well cooked.
- Let rest 10 minutes before carefully inverting onto a serving platter.
- Slice& serve with extra salsa.