Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Made with a combination of Tex-Mex flavors; not hot, though.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork sausage
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red bell peppers or 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup red chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients; mix well.
- Turn mixture into a lightly greased 9x5 loaf pan; gently pat down.
- Bake about 1 hour, until loaf is firm and the top is lightly browned.
- Let stand in pan for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Remove the loaf from pan and slice to serve.
- Garnish with cilantro sprigs.