Recipe by tinajoebob
A favorite side dish at our house, this variety of an old favorite has a little bit of a bite to it.
Top Review by Andtototoo!
Nice easy recipe. While the pasta was cooking I just put everything else into a large mixing bowl.. I also added extra cheese. I then added the cooked pasta and put everything into a greased casserole, added more cheese on top, and broiled it until the top was browned.
- 12 ounces cavatappi pasta
- 1 (16 ounce) jar alfredo sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler and position the rack so that a 1 1/2 quart baking dish will be 4" from the heat source.
- Cook pasta in salted water according to pkg. directions; drain.
- In same pot, heat sauce with cumin, chili and garlic powders, and pepper over low heat.
- Stir in tomatoes and 1 cup cheese; stir until cheese has melted.
- Add drained pasta.
- Transfer to ungreased 1 1/2 quart baking or casserole dish, and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Broil until cheese is melted and lightly browned, about 2 minutes.