Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
The focus for dinner lately has been on quick, cheap and easy this covers all three fairly well. Lightly spicy, would probably be great with sweet corn added.
- 8 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup black beans, cooked
- 2 tablespoons dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup salsa
- 4 cups cheddar cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- mix all of sauce ingredients and heat till melted. I did this in the microwave, stirring frequently.
- Mix the remaining ingredients and sauce.
- garnish with shredded cheese and sliced green onion.
This was a unique but yummy way to prepare mac and cheese. I really liked the combination of cheeses in this recipe. I only used 1/2 cup of black beans in this recipe and that was plenty for us. Thanks for sharing!
This tasted great, but the texture of the cheese sauce was odd. It had almost a grainy texture. I added onions and green peppers for some additional flavor.
This was an excellent recipe, in fact it is the best macoroni and cheese my family and I ever had. The rach dressing adds an extra good taste , and the cheese, words can not describe this. It was EXCELLENT !!!Thanks for the recipe. Definately a keeper.