Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A favorite from my Mom-in-law. Very Addicting! You can also use premade guacamole for the avocado mixture. Use more or less of the tomatoes, onions, olives, and cheese according to your personal tastes.
- 3 medium avocados
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 (16 ounce) cans refried beans
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup black olives, sliced
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (16 ounce) bag tortilla chips
- Mash avocadoes and mix with lemon juice, salt and pepper – set aside.
- Mix sour cream, mayonnaise and taco seasoning – set aside.
- Layer: refried beans, avocado mixture, sour cream mixture, onions, tomatoes, cheese and olives.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature with tortilla chips.
I have been making this for years and it is true crowd pleaser. Only thing I do different is I mix 1 can of beans and 1 can spicy bean dip together.
made this for a potluck and everyone loved it! very easy to prepare. I used a premade guacamole dip and omitted the lemon juice/salt/pepper. goes good with frito's or tortilla chips. thanks finny's mom for another great recipe!