Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Layers of yummy Tex Mex ingredients. Simple to make yet gets lots of rave reviews! Saw similar recipes for this here on Zaar but none exactly like this one!
- 1 (10 ounce) can bean dip
- 8 ounces guacamole
- 16 ounces light sour cream
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Spread beans in bottom of serving dish.
- Top with guacamole. You can use any recipe you like or even use a good guacamole dip.
- Mix sour cream and taco seasoning and spread over guacamole.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of the sour cream layer.
- Garnish with tomatoes and green onions.
- Serve with tortilla or corn chips.
Very good, of course! Although I think it would be perfect with the given ratios, I increased it to feed more people. In a deep-dish pie plate, I used a 16oz can of refried beans mixed with approx. 1/2 cup salsa so it wouldn't be too stiff. Then topped with a 12 oz. container of pre-made guacamole. Put the same amount of sour cream mixture on top as stated, and the pie plate was full! I sparingly sprinkled cheese on top before adding quartered cherry tomatoes and diced green onions. It was delicious, but I would have enjoyed being able to increase the sour cream since I increased everything else. Did not think more cheese was needed.
Good Stuff! This is a terrific recipe. I like to use a plate for easier dipping and top with sliced black olives.
I made this for an appetizer as I have family flying in tomorrow. As I made this, I put a little of each layer on a paper plate, so I could try it without messing up the dish. This was great!!! It was quick and easy to get together ahead of time. Thanks for another great recipe mama!!! Made for Bev Tag.