Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a wonderful recipe to make for small families. I do not add the jalapenos to mine. I got this recipe from Light and Tasty. Freezes well!
- 1 lb ground turkey (you can use ground beef)
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning, envelope
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce, divided
- 2 1⁄2 cups salsa
- 12 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook turkey over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, corn, jalapeno, taco seasoning and 3/4 cup tomato sauce.
- Combine salsa and remaining tomato sauce. Spread 1/4 cup into a 13x9x2-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with four noodles (noodles will overlap slightly), half of the meat sauce, 1 cup salsa mixture, 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese. Repeat layers. Top with the remaining noodles, salsa mixture and cheeses.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 45-50 minutes or until edges are bubbly and cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve with sour cream, avocado and onions.
- I like to buy disposable loaf pans and make about 4 lasagnas out of this recipe. I like to cover them with foil, and place in a seal a meal bag (or freezer bag). The no-cook noodles fit perfectly in the loaf pans!