Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Infused Skewers (6 marinades) A great way to lightly flavor your chicken, goat, or shrimp from the inside. Anything that can be "skewered" will have a little extra flavor. The possibilities are endless. This is one of many choices Check out my others.
- 1⁄4 cup salsa, your desired heat
- 1⁄8 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 12 -24 wooden skewers
- Blend all ingredients till pureed and pour into a small cookie sheet pan to fit the wooden skewers.
- Soak the skewers in liquid for one hour.
- Then skewer your choice of food, fish, chicken, tofu, vegetables, cook on the grill or indoors if you prefer.
- A little trick so the skewers don`t burn is to hang them over the edge of the grill or wrap them in foil.
What a great way to add flavor to 'skewered' food. I used mild salsa in deference to DH's taste and used these skewers for shrimp. The sauce was also brushed on the outside of the shrimp while barbecuing. We both loved this. Made for Newest Zaar Tag.