Recipe by Barb G.
This sounds and looks so yummy, I haven't made it yet. the Recipe comes from a weight-watchers 6 o'clock solutions magazine. Cook time does not include cooking time for rice.
Top Review by evewitch
I omitted the rice, because I felt it would be overkill with the chips. So I served it like a chili, scooped up with tortilla chips. I used white/dark chicken. (It's cheaper.) Didn't find it too bland; family devoured it. I will definitely make this again.
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) canpreminum white chicken meat packed in water, drained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked long-grain rice, cooked without salt or fat
- 1⁄2 cup shedded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until thick, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon rice onto a serving platter.
- Top with chicken mixture, shedded cheese and sliced green onions.
- Arrange tortilla chips around outside of platter.