Barb Gertz's Note:
This sounds and looks so yummy, I haven't made it yet. the Recipe comes from a weight-watchers 6 o'clock solutions magazine. Cook time does not include cooking time for rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can preminum white chicken meat packed in water, drained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked long-grain rice, cooked without salt or fat
- 1/2 cup shedded monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- tortilla chips
- 1Combine first 7 ingredients in a large saucepan.
- 2Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until thick, stirring occasionally.
- 3Spoon rice onto a serving platter.
- 4Top with chicken mixture, shedded cheese and sliced green onions.
- 5Arrange tortilla chips around outside of platter.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tex-Mex Haystacks
Serving Size: 1 (408 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 485.5
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 48.0 mg
- Sodium 439.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.1 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 35.5 g