Recipe by KateL
Entered for safe-keeping. From Beth Miller, Tulsa, Oklahoma, as submitted to BH&G.
Top Review by PaulaG
This made a super quick and easy dinner last night served with fresh garden green beans. I used cod fillets and eliminated the water called for with the onions. After sprinkling the dish with the cheese, I covered it and allowed it to stand for a few minutes. The cheese melted nicely and everything was cooked to perfection. Made for Zingo during *ZWT 5*
- 1 lb haddock fillets (fresh or frozen) or 1 lb cod fish fillet (fresh or frozen)
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced (almost 2/3 cup)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 8 ounces picante sauce
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped (a little more than 2/3 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (1/2 cup)
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw fish, if frozen.
- Place sliced onion in a single layer in the bottom of an ungreased 12 x 7 1/2 x 2-inch microwave-safe baking dish.
- Add water. Cover with vented clear plastic wrap.
- Microwave on 100% power (HIGH) for 3-4 minutes or until onion is crisp-tender.
- Place fish fillets on top of onion slices and cook, covered, for 4-5 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, giving the dish a half turn after 3 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Spoon picante sauce, tomato, and olives over fish.
- Cook, uncovered, about 2 minutes more or until heated through.
- Top with cheese. Cook for 1 minute or until cheese is melted.