Prep 5 mins
Cook 16 mins
For all you mexican food lovers. This is really good!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup chopped red peppers or 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can canned corn niblets, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 2 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons flour
- Brown beef in dutch oven.
- Add next 5 ingredients.
- Add 2 cups water, cumin, oregano,and cayenne.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, covered.
- Stir 1/4 cup water into flour until smooth.
- Stir into stew; cook until thickened, about 1 minute.
My family really enjoyed this. I followed the recipe exactly, but when I tasted the beef mixture I felt it was missing something, so I added and extra 8oz can of diced tomato and garlic and let it simmer a bit longer served it was delicious!!!!