Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe calls for Epicure products and is one of their recipies. I made it for the first time for a Grad BBQ and my sister thought it was very daring to try something that has not been tested first. It was a hit, no left overs. The Tex-Mex seasoning is accually a rub and is from Epicure also the fajita seasoning is from Epicure.
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 4 tablespoons Tex-Mex seasoning
- 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning mix
- 4 tablespoons dijon-style mustard
- Combine all ingredients.
- Bring to a boil over med-hi heat.
- Simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Use immediately or store in fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- When grilling use as you would barbeque sauce.
- NOTE: I use half the sauce to marinade the ribs in for 24 hours prior to grilling and the other half for basting while cooking, also I used beef ribs.