Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Found this on the internet years ago. It is now a family favorite and I make it every year for the snack table at Thanksgiving. I usually omit the green chiles because I'm a wimp. Prep time is a guess, I'm notoriously slow in the kitchen. Cook time is chill time.
- 4 medium avocados, peeled, pitted and cubed
- 85.04 g package cream cheese, softened
- 453.59 g container sour cream
- 283.49 g can diced tomatoes with green chilies (like Ro*Tel)
- 14.79 ml garlic powder
- 9.85 ml salt
- 4.92 ml lemon juice (I use a bit more)
- 113.39 g can diced green chilies (optional)
- tortilla chips
- In a medium bowl mash avocados and cream cheese together. Add remaining ingredients except tortilla chips and combine well until smooth.
- Can also be made in a food processor or blender. Just dump in all ingredients and blend or process until smooth.
- I usually combine everything except the tomatoes then use an immersion blender. Then add the tomatoes and blend lightly until combined but with some texture remaining.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow flavors to blend. Serve with tortilla chips for dipping.
Very Good! I used 6 Avocados and it came out perfectly! Thanks for posting! I have tried alot of different version of the Casa Ole green sauce and in my opinion this is the closest and that is saying alot as Casa Ole has been my favorite restaurant since I was a kid!
My family loves this and the only reason I did not give it 4 stars is bc I have to up the seasoning in it...needs much more garlic powder and salt than called for. I also use fresh lime juice instead of the lemon and less sour cream. Try adding some fresh jalepenos for a kick...just throw them in the food processor with everything. This is a very good recipe. I have already made it 3 times and it never lasts more than a day!!!
I don't like it when people change things around on a good recipe, but to save work and buying extra ingredients, I bought a guacamole dip, 12 oz. Since it is already seasoned with salt, jalapeno, and garlic, I cut back or eliminated. This is what I used: guacamole dip, 16 oz sour cream, 4 oz cream cheese, 1/4 t. salt, 1/4 t. garlic powder, 1 t lemon juice, and a 7 oz can of Salsa Verde (a green tomato, tomatillo sauce in Mexican grocery isle). The dip is pretty garlicy and salty, so adjust to taste. Jalapeno is not needed to a kick, because the dip has that too.