Found this on the internet years ago. It is now a family favorite and I make it every year for the snack table at Thanksgiving. I usually omit the green chiles because I'm a wimp. Prep time is a guess, I'm notoriously slow in the kitchen. Cook time is chill time.
- 4 medium avocados, peeled, pitted and cubed
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies (like Ro*Tel)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (I use a bit more)
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies (optional)
- tortilla chips
- In a medium bowl mash avocados and cream cheese together. Add remaining ingredients except tortilla chips and combine well until smooth.
- Can also be made in a food processor or blender. Just dump in all ingredients and blend or process until smooth.
- I usually combine everything except the tomatoes then use an immersion blender. Then add the tomatoes and blend lightly until combined but with some texture remaining.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow flavors to blend. Serve with tortilla chips for dipping.