Recipe by KMLWPA
Found this on the internet years ago. It is now a family favorite and I make it every year for the snack table at Thanksgiving. I usually omit the green chiles because I'm a wimp. Prep time is a guess, I'm notoriously slow in the kitchen. Cook time is chill time.
Top Review by Stacy Likes ta Cook
Very Good! I used 6 Avocados and it came out perfectly! Thanks for posting! I have tried alot of different version of the Casa Ole green sauce and in my opinion this is the closest and that is saying alot as Casa Ole has been my favorite restaurant since I was a kid!
- 4 medium avocados, peeled, pitted and cubed
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies (like Ro*Tel)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (I use a bit more)
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies (optional)
- tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl mash avocados and cream cheese together. Add remaining ingredients except tortilla chips and combine well until smooth.
- Can also be made in a food processor or blender. Just dump in all ingredients and blend or process until smooth.
- I usually combine everything except the tomatoes then use an immersion blender. Then add the tomatoes and blend lightly until combined but with some texture remaining.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow flavors to blend. Serve with tortilla chips for dipping.