1/1 Photo of Tex Mex Fusilli
This is a family favourite that comes from an old Milk Calandar. Even DH, who doesn't like anything tex-mex raves about this one. I always make it with the ham, but the if you have left over chicken, I bet it would be just as good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook Pasta according to package directions.
- 2Meanwhile, in a medium sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- 3Stir in flour until blended.
- 4Gradually whisk in Milk and salt, making sure there are no lumps.
- 5Stir and bring to a boil.
- 6Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 1 minute.
- 7Reduce heat to low, add cheese a handful at a time, stirring until melted.
- 8Stir in chicken or ham, corn, green onions and salsa; heat through.
- 9To serve, drain pasta; turn into a large bowl.
- 10Toss sauce with pasta and sprinkle with additional grated Cheddar cheese, if desired.
You Might Also Like...View All Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tex Mex Fusilli
Serving Size: 1 (315 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 688.5
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 104.0 mg
- Sodium 850.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 36.4 g