Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A warm tex-mex dip for bread, natchos or corn chips...
Make and share this Tex-Mex Fondue recipe from Food.com.
- Melt the butter in the fondue pot at medium heat.
- Cook the onion until golden.
- Pepper to taste.
- Add tomatoes and simmer over low heat until the liquid is reduced.
- Add chili peppers and tabasco sauce.
- Mix the flour and butter and mix into the tomato mixture.
- Stir in the cream and mix well.
- Add the cheese and stir until melted.
- Avoid boiling at this point, boiling will cause the sauce to separate.
- Things to dip: Chunks of bread, breadsticks, natcho chips, corn chips.
Great recipe! I made this for New Year's Day to serve with nachos while we watched movies. At first my teenage boys looked at it and said it's not orange-it can't be nacho dip. After coaxing to try it they said-colour doesn't matter, Mom when can you make this again! Easy to make and keeps warm over low heat on the stove for refilling the nacho bowl.
I thought that this recipe was alittle dull. It didn't have much flavor and not enough cheese for me, I followed it exact. I think Jalepenos and Pepper Jack cheese would have added that extra kick to this recipe.