Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Marinate for about 4-5 hours and grill.
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup black coffee, strong
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (3 lb) flank steaks
- Mix all ingredients except steak and heat in a medium saucepan, stirring until sugar melts and flavors are combined.
- Marinate meat in the sauce for 4-5 hours or overnight in the refrigerator, turning occasionally.
- Remove meat from the marinade, heat and use as a baste or sauce if you like, and sear meat quickly over high heat, about 1 minute per side, and then lower heat to medium-low and continue cooking about another 5 minutes per side until done to your liking.
- Slice meat on a diagonal against the grain into thin slices.