Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
Prepare ahead casserole that is always a hit. Just enough spice to get that Southwest 'flavor'. Man, this is what makes a great Tex-Mex meal. Need to refrigerate overnight.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons gebhardt chili powder
- 2 -3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can ranch style beans
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese (6 ounces)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (6 ounces)
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- Cook the ground beef and onion in a large skillet until meat is brown and onion is tender, drain.
- Add chili powder, cumin, and salt; stir well.
- Cook meat mixture over low heat 10 minutes.
- Spoon meat mixture into a 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking pan.
- Layer beans, tortillas, and cheese over meat mixture.
- Pour tomato liquid over cheese, chop tomatoes and spread tomatoes and chiles over cheese.
- Spread soup over top of casserole.
- Cover baking pan; refrigerate overnight.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.