1/3 Photos of Tex-Mex Fiesta Casserole
Doing it Right's Note:
So far this is my favorite recipe that I use. It is from Joanna Lund. I make this at least once a month. It has a great taste and the portion size is plentiful. Per serving is 260 calories. The diabetic exchanges per serving are: 2 1/2 protein, 2 vegetable, 1 starch. You won't be sorry for trying it. My 3 year old son eats it too. You won't miss the fat/calories.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces lean ground turkey or 16 ounces beef
- 1/2 teaspoon instant minced garlic
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- 2 teaspoons chili seasoning mix
- 1 3/4 cups tomato sauce (15 ounce can)
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium ketchup
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 2 cups cooked rice, hot
- 3/4 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded (3 oz.)
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Spray an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- 3In a large skillet sprayed with cooking spray, brown meat, garlic, onion and green pepper.
- 4Add salsa, chili seasoning, tomato sauce and ketchup.
- 5Mix well to combine.
- 6Stir in corn, rice and cheddar cheese.
- 7Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
- 8Bake for 20 minutes.
- 9Place baking dish on a wire rack and let set for 5 minutes.
- 10Divide into 6 servings.
- 11HINT: 1 1/3 cups uncooked rice usually cooks to about 2 cups.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tex-Mex Fiesta Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (336 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 290.1
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 63.0 mg
- Sodium 665.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 20.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chili seasoning mix