Top Review by BrendaM
Absolutely delicious and so easy to prepare! I followed the recipe, but used chunky salsa instead of the taco sauce. DH said this has to be a five star. We'll be having his again soon! Thank you Fluffy for sharing this with us!
- 1 package stove top cornbread stuffing mix
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 small tomatoes, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup whole kernel corn, drained
- 3⁄4 cup taco sauce or 3⁄4 cup salsa
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Prepare stuffing according to package directions using 3/4 cup water.
- Spoon into bottom of a greased 2 qt baking dish.
- Heat oil in frypan.
- Add onion and green pepper and cook until tender.
- Stir in chicken, tomato, corn and taco sauce.
- Spoon over stuffing.
- Bake 15 mins.
- Cover with cheese and bake 5 mins more.