1/1 Photo of Tex-Mex Fideo
My fiance's mother always made her Fideo this way, and we just improved on it. It's really delicious and we always eat it with pieces of tortilla. Just some things to keep in mind: The spices are just guesstimated as we don't really measure things, so build up the flavors however you like them. We love the flavor of comino (cumin) so we add a LOT lol. We also enjoy more salt, so you can omit the salt from the meat seasoning if you're worried it's going to be too salty for your taste. Also, you can make this as soupy as you like. The amount I put makes it just a little soupy. It's also kinda easy to overcook the noodles, so be careful. Oh and in the picture, you can see beans. This is because we get a can of Charro beans on the side, and add some in as we serve ourselves. If you want, you can add the can to the dish itself, but I recommend draining it first.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked and seasoned
- 1 (5 ounce) box vermicelli (fideo)
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, diced
- 4 ounces tomato sauce, half a can
- 3 -4 tablespoons beef bouillon (Knorr is the best for this)
- 3 cups water
- 2 potatoes, medium sized & diced
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1In a non-stick pan, heat 2 tbsp vegetable oil. Cook diced potatoes until they start to turn golden.
- 2While potatoes are cooking, heat the other 2 tbsp vegetable oil in a separate pot. Mix the ground beef with the meat seasonings and cook until well done.
- 3Drain the excess oil and water from the ground beef, and put it back to cook some more. Remove the potatoes from the oil and toss with the ground beef.
- 4While the potato and beef mixture is cooking some more, brown the box of the vermicelli in the non-stick pan that has the remaining oil from cooking the potatoes.
- 5When the vermicelli is done, drain any excess oil (there shouldn't be much if any) and then add to the potato and beef mixture, along with the beef bouillon, water, and tomato sauce.
- 6Cook on high heat until it comes to a good boil, cover it and let it boil for 1-2 minutes. Turn off the heat completely and let sit for about 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional Facts for Tex-Mex Fideo
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.3
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 51.4 mg
- Sodium 981.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 19.6 g