Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this from a neighbor when I lived in Texas. We added more chili and more cheese as these are our favorite part of the recipe!
- 1 (10 count) package soft taco-size flour tortillas
- refried beans, 2 cans
- 2 lbs ground beef, browned and drained
- Pace Picante Sauce, 1 jar
- chili without beans, 4 - 6 cans
- 4 cups shredded cheese
- Add both cans of refried beans and the small jar of Picante sauce to the browned, drained ground beef.
- Stir well and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until hot.
- The mixture will be thick.
- While this is simmering, warm your chili either by microwave or stovetop.
- Spoon a large serving spoonful of mixture into the center of a tortilla and wrap it like a burrito.
- Place the tortilla in a 13 x 9 pan (you will need two pans).
- Repeat until you are out of either tortillas or mixture.
- You can stick a toothpick in the wrapped tortilla to hold it in place.
- I can usually get 5 to a pan.
- Once you have all of the tortillas in the pan, pour the chili over the top, covering as much of the tortillas as possible.
- Spread the cheese over the chili.
- Bake in 350 degree oven until cheese melts and begins to bubble.