Geneva Handleman's Note:
I got this from a neighbor when I lived in Texas. We added more chili and more cheese as these are our favorite part of the recipe!
My Private Note
large e ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add both cans of refried beans and the small jar of Picante sauce to the browned, drained ground beef.
- 2Stir well and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until hot.
- 3The mixture will be thick.
- 4While this is simmering, warm your chili either by microwave or stovetop.
- 5Spoon a large serving spoonful of mixture into the center of a tortilla and wrap it like a burrito.
- 6Place the tortilla in a 13 x 9 pan (you will need two pans).
- 7Repeat until you are out of either tortillas or mixture.
- 8You can stick a toothpick in the wrapped tortilla to hold it in place.
- 9I can usually get 5 to a pan.
- 10Once you have all of the tortillas in the pan, pour the chili over the top, covering as much of the tortillas as possible.
- 11Spread the cheese over the chili.
- 12Bake in 350 degree oven until cheese melts and begins to bubble.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tex-Mex Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (2102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 438.2
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 90.6 mg
- Sodium 687.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 28.2 g