Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a quick filling for breakfast burritos that our whole family loves. We sometimes have them for dinner too. Hope you enjoy.
- 1⁄2 lb pork sausage
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies, undrained
- picante sauce
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 8-inch flour tortillas
- Brown sausage in a large skillet, stirring to crumble.
- Drain and return to skillet.
- Add eggs and chilies to sausage.
- Cook, stirring gently, until eggs are thickened, but still moist.
- Do not stir constantly.
- Microwave tortillas about 10 seconds each until soft.
- Spoon egg mixture down centers of warm tortillas; top each with picante sauce and cheese.
- Fold opposite sides over filling.
- Serve immediately.
Quick and easy breakfast idea. I used a lean turkey sausage and a fresh pico. Thank you for sharing your recipe!
Quick easy breakfast! I have made these when short on time before I go to work, and they definetly are better and cheaper than stopping at any fast food place for one of their breakfast burritos! I also use salsa instead of picante sauce, and have used a variety of different tortillas with this filling. Great, fast, and easy! :o)
Delicious and wonderful idea for cold fall mornings! I used the whole package (12 ounces) of Jimmy Dean sausage so our eggs had a bit more sausage in them. We also used salsa instead of the picante sauce and probably made about 5 big burritos. Thanks for sharing this keeper--we will definitely be having this again soon!