Recipe by Divaconviva
This is from a June issue of Woman's World Magazine, originally called "Secret-Ingredient Macaroni Salad." It takes classic creamy macaroni salad and really kicks up the flavor by adding fresh lime and chili powder, so this is ready to serve as soon as you make it.
Top Review by Susie D
This is an excellent salad and will be perfect for my next potluck. I made it this time in a reduced amount and the dressing ingredients were spot on. I think one could even add grated cheese, sliced black olives, etc but they aren't needed. Thank you diva for a great recipe. Made for Spring '08 PAC.
- 16 ounces spiral macaroni, cooked al dente and drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder (I use one grated clove of fresh garlic)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (Or kick it up to 1/2 tsp, according to your own heat index!)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved (Or leave whole if they're small)
- 3 scallions, sliced (about 2/3 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped