1/1 Photo of Tex-Mex E Z Macaroni Salad
This is from a June issue of Woman's World Magazine, originally called "Secret-Ingredient Macaroni Salad." It takes classic creamy macaroni salad and really kicks up the flavor by adding fresh lime and chili powder, so this is ready to serve as soon as you make it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces spiral macaroni, cooked al dente and drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (I use one grated clove of fresh garlic)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (Or kick it up to 1/2 tsp, according to your own heat index!)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved (Or leave whole if they're small)
- 3 scallions, sliced (about 2/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1In large serving bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, lime juice, lime zest, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and cayenne.
- 2Add pasta; toss to coat.
- 3Stir in tomatoes, scallions and cilantro until combined.
- 4Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tex-Mex E Z Macaroni Salad
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.2
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 6.1 mg
- Sodium 231.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 6.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: