Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from a June issue of Woman's World Magazine, originally called "Secret-Ingredient Macaroni Salad." It takes classic creamy macaroni salad and really kicks up the flavor by adding fresh lime and chili powder, so this is ready to serve as soon as you make it.
- 16 ounces spiral macaroni, cooked al dente and drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder (I use one grated clove of fresh garlic)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (Or kick it up to 1/2 tsp, according to your own heat index!)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved (Or leave whole if they're small)
- 3 scallions, sliced (about 2/3 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- In large serving bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, lime juice, lime zest, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and cayenne.
- Add pasta; toss to coat.
- Stir in tomatoes, scallions and cilantro until combined.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
This is an excellent salad and will be perfect for my next potluck. I made it this time in a reduced amount and the dressing ingredients were spot on. I think one could even add grated cheese, sliced black olives, etc but they aren't needed. Thank you diva for a great recipe. Made for Spring '08 PAC.
Very good salad best if eaten right away.
This is a great recipe. Made it last minute for a Labor Day picnic. A added some corn, black beans, and chopped jalepenos. I received tons of compliments that day! Thanks for idea!