1/3 Photos of Tex-Mex Dip Aka Seven-Layer Dip
True Texas's Note:
Also called 7 Layer Dip. This recipe came from Family Circle Magazine sometime around the late 70's, it also said it appeared in the Ft. Worth Star-Telegram which I use to read faithfully. This has been my sons favorite dip for years.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 medium ripe avocados
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (1/4-1 1/8 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans bean dip
- 1 bunch green onions with top, chopped (1 cup)
- 3 medium tomatoes, cored, halved, seeded and coarsely chopped (2 cups)
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) cans pitted ripe olives, drained, coarsely chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- tortilla chips
- 1Peel, pit and mash avocados in a medium-size bowl with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- 2Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, and taco seasoning mix in a bowl.
- 3To assemble: Spread bean dip on a large shallow serving platter; top with seasoned avocado mixture; layer with sour cream-taco mixture.
- 4Sprinkle with chopped onions, tomatoes and olives; cover with shredded cheese.
- 5Serve chilled or at room temperature with round tortilla chips.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tex-Mex Dip Aka Seven-Layer Dip
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.3
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 39.3 mg
- Sodium 512.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 7.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green onions with tops