Recipe by Miss Annie
This makes a huge amount
Top Review by Dana-MMH
Miss. Annie, I just received a phone call from my family who is on our boat eating this dip as I type this. Well, they give this dip a 5 star plus some! I do hope there is some left for me when they get home. I would love to taste it, I did however lick my fingers alot while making this last night. :-) I used 2 cans of refried beans, and I added all the toppings after I put the cheese on. It looked really good, and had great color to it also. Thanks, it looks like this will be a request from now on.
- 3 medium ripe avocados
- 1 can refried beans or 2 cans jalapeno bean dip
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 bunch green onion, with tops,chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) cans ripe olives, chopped or 2 cans green chilies,chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- To Assemble: Peel, pit and mash avocados in medium bowl with lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Combine sour cream, mayonnaise and taco seasoning mix in bowl.
- Spread beans on a large shallow serving platter.
- Top with seasoned avocado mixture.
- Layer with picante sauce, then with sour cream mixture.
- Sprinkle with chopped onions, tomatoes and olives.
- Cover with shredded cheese.
- (I sometimes use a mixture of Monterey Jack and Cheddar).
- Served chilled or room temperature with your favorite tortilla chips.
- You may substitute 2 cans drained green chilies for the olives.