Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
These Tex Mex Deviled eggs are extremely yummy and different than typical deviled eggs. I forgot where I found the recipe but I have it written on some yellow legal paper. This is a quick and easy recipe, too.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 14.79 ml diced green onion
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small serrano peppers or 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded & finely chopped
- 59.14 ml mayonnaise
- 4.92 ml prepared mustard
- 2.46 ml salt
- 59.14 ml shredded cheddar cheese (1 oz)
- chili powder
- Cut eggs in half (crosswise); carefully remove yolks.
- Mash yolks& stir in green onions& next 5 ingredients.
- Spoon into eggwhites; sprinkle with cheese& chili powder.
- Cover& chill.
These are WONDERFUL! I took them to a gathering last night and had none to bring home! Luckily, I had made a few extra to sample beforehand. I added the cheese to the filling mixture( because I didn't read the recipe through!) and I liked them that way! I garnished each with a small cilantro leaf. Thanks for a real keeper- will be great for summer BBQ's too!
These are fantastic! DH is on Atkin's and needed something new. Well, I ended up eating most of them!! The kick from the jalapeno is just right, and the cilantro and green onion really add to the Tex Mex flavors. Thank you for a definite "keeper" recipe!
DH is following Atkins and needed a break from the traditional deviled eggs. He really enjoyed these.