Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A nice change from the usual devilled eggs, adjust spices to your tastes if you like hotter...
Make and share this Tex-Mex Deviled Eggs recipe from Food.com.
- 8 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2 ounces pimientos, drained, patted dry and finely diced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 16 slices thin fresh jalapenos (2-3 peppers depending on their size)
- Slice the eggs in half lengthwise and remove the yolks to a bowl.
- Mash the yolks and mix with the next seven ingredients until well blended and smooth.
- Mound the yolk mixture back into the egg white (if desired use a pastry bag with a star tip).
- Top with a thin slice of jalapeno pepper.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Tried this for a Family holiday dinner. Outstanding flavor. Great change from the usual deviled eggs.