Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great when you want to shake things up.
- 8 hard-boiled eggs
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise; remove yolks and set whites aside.
- In a small bowl, mash yolks; add cheese, mayonnaise, salsa, onions, sour cream, and salt; mix well.
- Stuff or pipe yolk mixture into egg whites.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
I really like this because it was out of the ordinary, which is what I was looking for. I had to improvise on the salsa. All I had on hand was some Taco Bell hot sauce packets, which worked great. I also sprickled a little cumin on top for presentation & extra kick.
These were very different deviled eggs I liked the salsa and the cheese in them I cut back the mayo, just enough to make them the consistency that we like. I think next time I would like to add some cumin or hot sauce just to give it more of a kick. Thanks for sharing this recipe, Made for the TexMex challenge in the cooking photo forum.
Delicious-- definitely a fun twist on deviled eggs! I used a Lime Tequila salsa, which really gave it an extra kick. I started with smaller quantities of the mayo, salsa, and sour cream, and gradually worked my way to the desired consistency, which worked out really well. I ended up with the same amount of salsa and a little less on the mayo and sour cream. Thanks for a great recipe!