Recipe by Ginny Sue
Dinner all in one pot. The meatloaf stays nice and moist by cooking it in the crock pot. I use picante sauce with medium-level heat in this. You can make it milder or hotter by using the appropriate heat level of picante sauce.
Top Review by momma213
Oh the smell is my home right now is YUMMY! I have to change my review cause my family didn't like this, they all said it was grainy tasting. The smell, beans and corn was really good but the meatloaf didn't pass. I am sorry and I still want to thank you for posting. I agree you didn't say where to put the taco seasoning so I added 1/2 the package to the meat and 1/2 i sprinkled over the beans and corn. I would of liked to use hot picante sauce but my ds can not eat it due to stomach issue.
- 2 (15 ounce) cansspicy chili beans, undrained
- 1 (11 ounce) can corn, undrained
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup crushed corn chips (I use Fritos)
- 2⁄3 cup picante sauce, divided
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine beans and corn in a 4 quart slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, corn chips, 1/3 cup picante sauce and egg.
- Mix well with hands and shape into a round flat loaf.
- Place loaf in the slow cooker on top of the beans and corn.
- Top with remaining 1/3 cup picante sauce.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 8-10 hours until beef is no longer pink.
- I use a meat thermometer stuck in the middle of the loaf to determine doneness.
- Place meatloaf on serving platter and cut into wedges. Serve with beans and corn mixture.