Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Dinner all in one pot. The meatloaf stays nice and moist by cooking it in the crock pot. I use picante sauce with medium-level heat in this. You can make it milder or hotter by using the appropriate heat level of picante sauce.
- Combine beans and corn in a 4 quart slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, corn chips, 1/3 cup picante sauce and egg.
- Mix well with hands and shape into a round flat loaf.
- Place loaf in the slow cooker on top of the beans and corn.
- Top with remaining 1/3 cup picante sauce.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 8-10 hours until beef is no longer pink.
- I use a meat thermometer stuck in the middle of the loaf to determine doneness.
- Place meatloaf on serving platter and cut into wedges. Serve with beans and corn mixture.
Oh the smell is my home right now is YUMMY! I have to change my review cause my family didn't like this, they all said it was grainy tasting. The smell, beans and corn was really good but the meatloaf didn't pass. I am sorry and I still want to thank you for posting. I agree you didn't say where to put the taco seasoning so I added 1/2 the package to the meat and 1/2 i sprinkled over the beans and corn. I would of liked to use hot picante sauce but my ds can not eat it due to stomach issue.
What a great and different way to make meat loaf!!!!! We loved the flavor which is a great change-of-pace way to make meatloaf. The meat was exceptionally moist also. This is a winner, Gimny Sue.
A different crock-pot type of meal which is very spicy and good. The recipe didn't say where to put the taco seasoning mix and although I think it is supposed to be mixed with the hamburg, I noticed it on the counter after I finished everything else, so I sprinkled it on the beans and corn, mixing it in with a knife. Thanks for sharing!