Prep 1 hr
Cook 3 hrs
YUMMY! This is another one of those recipes that gets eaten up completely every time I take it somewhere and I always take copies of the recipes to hand out. I often take if for BBQ's or Potlucks as it is easy to make and you can make it the day before as well. I have also added shredded chicken to the layers to make this a main dish salad.
- 1 (16 ounce) package cornbread mix (I use Jiffy)
- 1 (1 ounce) buttermilk ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canof chopped green chilies
- 1 cup chopped green onion (optional in my family!)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- Prepare corn bread according to package directions. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk together the salad dressing mix, sour cream, sugar and mayonnaise. Set aside.
- Place half of the crumbled corn bread in the bottom of a large serving dish such as a 15 X 10 glass baking dish.
- Top with half of beans.
- Add the tomatoes, half of cheese, corn and salad dressing.
- Next layer other half the corn bread, other half of the beans of beans, green chilies, green onion (I leave out the green onion if I am making if for my onion-phobic family) and top with remaining cheese.
- Cover and chill two to three hours before serving with a serving spoon.
I took this to a July 4th Bar-b-que today and it was enjoyed by all. I used 2 packs of cornbread mix, which totaled to 12 ounces. I also added 1 can of kidney beans and 1 can of black beans, drained. I used the green onions. And I crumbled up 8 slices of bacon since I already had some cooked. A couple of people asked me for the recipe. SoozieQ thank you for posting your delicious recipe!