Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Adds a little zip to your dinner.
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cream-style corn
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- Mix corn meal, baking powder, and salt.
- Combine the remaining ingredients.
- Add to dry mix.
- Stir until blended well.
- Pour into greased 9x9 baking pan.
- Bake at 375* for about 40 mnutes, until bread tests done.
This was the most awesome cornbread I have ever had. I loved the combo of all the flavors and the texture was out of this world. Also, I am hosting an exchange student this year who has celiac's disease, which means no gluten, so this was the perfect recipe. Thanks MizzNezz for another great recipe!!