Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
The winning recipe from a Rachael Ray Magazine chili cook-off!
Make and share this Tex-Mex Corn Chip Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 12 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1 (10 ounce) bag corn chips, such as Fritos
- In a Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook for 7 minutes. Add the onion, garlic, chili powder and cumin and cook over medium-low heat for 5 minutes. Add the beans, with their liquid, and the tomatoes; bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until thick, about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the cilantro, then top with the cheese, cover and let stand until the cheese melts, 5 to 10 minutes. Place a handful of corn chips in each of 4 bowls. Top with the chili and serve.
Terrific! I found this on Rachael Ray's website. I used a can of diced tomatoes without the green chiles both times I made. I also tried it both with and without the cilantro and its great either way!
I had bookmarked this to try when I read it in Rachael Ray's magazine. The weather is a little warm for chili, but this was sooooooo good. This will probably be my go to beef chili recipe now. It isn't spicy, but has just enough of a kick of flavor to make you want to keep eating and eating! My kids loved it too.
Love this Chili recipe from Rachel Ray! It's easy to fix, too.