Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe sounds great and a perfect side dish for a Mexican meal. I am posting this on 'Zaar for safekeeping and to share with the community. I found this on the back of a bag of Safeway brand Frozen Whole Kernel Corn. The recipe on the back of the bag states, "Here's a great way to use left-over pasta in a salad. It goes together in minutes and serves a crowd." The ingreditents and directions on this recipe are exactly as the bag of corn states, except for that which I had to clarify or switch around due to 'Zaar rules of recipe submission, and for anything 'Zaar didn't recognize, hehe. This recipe also states, ".Recipe developed by cookbook aurthor Marlene Sorosky Gray." Please let me know how this turned out for you. :) Note: I did not include refrigeration time.
- 2 1⁄3 cups frozen whole kernel corn, defrosted (bag lists Safeway brand, of course)
- 16 ounces black beans, drained (this should be a can of black beans and for 'Zaar purposes I would guess a 16oz can, but not sure as)
- 2 cups pasta, cooked (such as fusilli, penne, or small shells)
- 1 cup salsa (brand listed is Safeway Select)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (or chopped parsley)
- Salt to taste.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients. Season to taste.
- Refrigerate until serving. (Salad may be refrigerated overnight if desired.) Makes 8-10 servings.
10 stars! This was so simple and easy and dissapeared in about 20 mins! I've been told to double the recipe next time! I made as written except used dried parsley instead of cilantro. I don't like cold pasta salads so I didn't chill this and left the warmth from the cooked pasta to warm it all (it was about room temp) YUMMY