Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found this recipe in a new weekly magazine published by Good Housekeeping called Quick and Simple. I added a few ingredients to the salad that I felt enhanced the recipe, namely cheese because the original recipe surprisingly didn't call for it. What's a Cobb Salad without cheese, even a non-traditional Cobb recipe?
- 59.14 ml lime juice
- 29.58 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml ground cumin
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 2.46 ml Mexican oregano
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 head romaine lettuce or 1 head mixed greens, rinsed, patted dry
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 473.18 ml boneless skinless chicken, cut into bite-size chunks
- 425.24-538.64 g can black beans, drained
- 2 small cucumbers, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
- 118.29 ml roasted corn
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- 177.44 ml Cotija cheese
- lime slice
- minced jalapeno (or chili pepper of your choice)
- minced bacon, slices
- Prepare dressing by combining all the ingredients. Whisk well. Set aside.
- Prepare the avocado and after cutting into slices, drizzle with some lime juice to prevent browning.
- (If using romaine lettuce, cut into 1/2" strips.) Place the lettuce into a large serving bowl. Arrange the cotija cheese, chicken, beans, and the remaining vegetables, except for the avocado, in rows over the lettuce.
- Just before serving toss the salad with dressing. Place the avocados around the inner rim of the salad bowl. Garnish with lime slices and cilantro sprigs. Serve immediately.
- NOTE: You can also layer the salad mixture in a trifle bowl for a colorful presentation.