1/1 Photo of Tex-Mex Club Sandwich
Sandy in Houston's Note:
My family loves spicy food and these have a bit of a kick. You can tone it down a bit by leaving out the jalapeno and exchanging some other cheese for the Pepper Jack.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely minced
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded and finely minced
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 8 slices turkey breast
- 8 slices smoked ham
- 8 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
- 8 slices colby cheese
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted, sliced (drizzle with lemon juice to prevent darkening)
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1Sandwich Spread:.
- 2In a medium mixing bowl, mix together until well blended the mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar, cilantro, red onion, garlic and jalapeno. Add salt and pepper to taste. Chill for at least 4 hours or as long as overnight to let flavors blend.
- 3Building Sandwiches:.
- 4Very lightly toast the 8 slices of bread. Spread the sandwich spread mixture on one side of each toasted slice. On 4 slices of prepared bread layer the turkey, ham, jack cheese, Colby cheese, tomato slices, avocado slices and black olives. Top with remaining 4 slices of prepared bread.
- 5Using a sharp serrated bread knife, cut each sandwich on diagonal from corner to corner. Make 2nd cut on opposite corner, making 4 sandwich segments. Secure segments with toothpicks and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tex-Mex Club Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (590 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1351.0
- Calories from Fat 720
- Total Fat 80.0 g
- Saturated Fat 33.3 g
- Cholesterol 188.3 mg
- Sodium 3235.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 96.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.2 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 66.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: