Recipe by Sandy in Oklahoma
My family loves spicy food and these have a bit of a kick. You can tone it down a bit by leaving out the jalapeno and exchanging some other cheese for the Pepper Jack.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely minced
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded and finely minced
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 8 slices turkey breast
- 8 slices smoked ham
- 8 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
- 8 slices colby cheese
- 1 large tomatoes, sliced
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted, sliced (drizzle with lemon juice to prevent darkening)
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Sandwich Spread:.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together until well blended the mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar, cilantro, red onion, garlic and jalapeno. Add salt and pepper to taste. Chill for at least 4 hours or as long as overnight to let flavors blend.
- Building Sandwiches:.
- Very lightly toast the 8 slices of bread. Spread the sandwich spread mixture on one side of each toasted slice. On 4 slices of prepared bread layer the turkey, ham, jack cheese, Colby cheese, tomato slices, avocado slices and black olives. Top with remaining 4 slices of prepared bread.
- Using a sharp serrated bread knife, cut each sandwich on diagonal from corner to corner. Make 2nd cut on opposite corner, making 4 sandwich segments. Secure segments with toothpicks and serve.