Recipe by Coffee Criss
This recipe is UBER delicious! It counts for 1 protein and 1 vegetable. Double, triple, quadruple and freeze extra portions for another time. Can also be made in bulk ahead of time. This recipe is from The HCG Diet Cookbook Gourmet Success.
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil (see note below if following oil-free protocol) or 1 teaspoon extra virgin coconut oil (see note below if following oil-free protocol)
- 100 g extra lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, quartered
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 1 pinch onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pinch oregano
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 dash sea salt
- 1 dash pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil or broth in large, deep skillet. Fry ground beef and onions until cooked through.
- In the meantime, blend tomatoes and garlic in food processor or blender until liquefied. Pour into skillet, over fried ground beef and onions.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer at least 30 minutes. Add water to prevent burning and to thin out the sauce. The longer it simmers, the more flavorful it gets.
- *NOTE: I follow the HCG protocol that allows limited use (up to 1TB) of extra virgin olive oil or extra virgin coconut oil per day. If this is not your case, replace oil with homemade beef bone broth.