Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe from a turkey package. It makes a really great healthy chili!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄4 lbs lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (15 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 3⁄4 cup salsa
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Crumble turkey into saucepan; sprinkle with chili powder, cumin and salt. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes, beans, bell pepper and salsa. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve topped with shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped tomatoes or cilantro.
This was excellent and my family did not even know it was not made with beef. The chili had a sweet taste to it. I'm not sure if that was due to my gr pepper, as it was sweeter then normal. No matter what it was due to, we LOVED this chili and I will be making it again. I made this for the *"ADOPT" A Orphaned Tag Game 2007*... from the orphanage of the Zaar Tag game.
I cut the recipe back to two servings and used a full tsp of chili - love it hot. Great combination of flavors. I enjoyed the turkey instead of beef. Thanks SweetySJD for a keeper