Recipe by CC & G
This is from Fine Cooking. It was published as a 30 minute meal. Serve with rice pilaf, or wrap the chicken in warm corn tortillas. I served it with tortillas, guacamole and sour cream.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs chicken breast halves, boneless, skinless trimmed and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn kernels
- 1 medium jalapeno, seeded if desired and thinly sliced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 -3 limes
- 1 tablespoon oregano, fresh and chopped
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Position a rack about 4 inches from the broiler and heat the broiler to high. Toss the chicken with the chili powder, cumin, 3/4 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 teaspoons black pepper. Lightly dredge the chicken in the flour and shake off any excess.
- Melt 2-1/2 Tbs. of the butter in a 12-inch ovenproof skillet (preferably cast iron) over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining 1 Tbs. butter, the corn, jalapeño, garlic, and 1/2 teaspoons salt. Cook, stirring, until the corn begins to brown lightly, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the chicken, lime juice, oregano, and 1/2 cup water. Cook, stirring, until the chicken is just cooked through, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with the Cheddar and transfer the skillet to the broiler. Broil until the cheese melts and browns on top, about 3 minutes. Serve with lime wedges.