1/1 Photo of Tex-Mex Chicken Tortilla Soup
I know there are a lot of tortilla soups out there, but this is my hubby's absolute favorite. This is a brothy type soup, but filling enough to be dinner!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans tomatoes, cut up
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 (8 3/4 ounce) cans corn, drained
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1Cut chicken into 1-inch cubes.
- 2In large saucepan combine water, broths, undrained tomatoes, onion and green bell pepper.
- 3Bring to boiling.
- 4Add chicken; reduce heat.
- 5Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 6Add corn and seasonings, salting to taste.
- 7Simmer, covered, for 10 more minutes.
- 8Serve with crushed tortilla chips (I love the lime flavored ones), jack cheese, avocado and squeezes of lime juice!
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tex-Mex Chicken Tortilla Soup
Serving Size: 1 (588 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 190.5
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 23.0 mg
- Sodium 499.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 15.7 g