1/1 Photo of Tex-Mex Chicken Tortilla Soup
I know there are a lot of tortilla soups out there, but this is my hubby's absolute favorite. This is a brothy type soup, but filling enough to be dinner!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans tomatoes, cut up
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 (8 3/4 ounce) cans corn, drained
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1Cut chicken into 1-inch cubes.
- 2In large saucepan combine water, broths, undrained tomatoes, onion and green bell pepper.
- 3Bring to boiling.
- 4Add chicken; reduce heat.
- 5Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 6Add corn and seasonings, salting to taste.
- 7Simmer, covered, for 10 more minutes.
- 8Serve with crushed tortilla chips (I love the lime flavored ones), jack cheese, avocado and squeezes of lime juice!
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tex-Mex Chicken Tortilla Soup
Serving Size: 1 (588 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 190.5
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 23.0 mg
- Sodium 499.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 15.7 g