These tacos are so good and can be made quickly. Recipe is from Redbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup garlic lime marinade
- 3/4 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup fire-roasted salsa verde
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup French fried onion rings
- 4 yellow taco shells
- 4 blue corn tortillas
- shredded romaine lettuce, to garnish
- 1In medium bowl, toss chicken with marinade, 1/2 t of the chili powder, salt and pepper.
- 2In medium bowl, mix mexicorn, salsa verde, onion, cilantro, and lime juice; tossing to combine.
- 3Prepare an outdoor grill or heat a stovetop grill pan over medium heat.
- 4Cook chicken 3-4 minutes per side until cooked through.
- 5Remove from grill.
- 6Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium heat, toss onion rings with the remaining 1/4 t chili powder, heat, stirring, until warm, about 3 minutes.
- 7Cut chicken into 1/2-inch pieces.
- 8Fill each taco shell with chicken, dividing evenly.
- 9Top each with 2 T of the corn mixture and 2 T of the onion ring mixture.
- 10Garnish with lettuce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tex-Mex Chicken Tacos With Chili Onion Rings
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.9
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 82.2 mg
- Sodium 804.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 37.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
garlic lime marinade
French fried onion rings